GP online services allow you to access a range of services via your computer, mobile or tablet. Once you have signed up, you will be able to:
- book or cancel appointments online
- renew or order repeat prescriptions online
- view parts of your GP record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results
This is just another option, which other patients have found is more convenient and saves them time. More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services are available at www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices
How to sign-up
For more information, please contact reception or next time you visit the surgery, bring with you a piece of photo ID (passport, driving licence) and something with your address on like a bank statement but not a gas or electric bill. If you don’t have these, please talk to us and we will help you sign-up
You should read the guidance and understand -
1. There may be something you have forgotten about in your record that you might find upsetting
2. If your GP has given access to test results you may see something that you find upsetting to you. This may occur before you have spoken to the doctor or while the surgery is closed and you cannot contact them.
3. If you feel you may be pressured into revealing details from your patient record to someone else against your will, it is best that you do not register
To access this part of your record you must apply in writing to Gloria Middleton or Joanne Forster. The Clinician will look at the records and the Clinician has the final decision on whether the records can be released.
More information is available at the practice including an information leaflet.